Forts of India
India has an enormous and rich cultural past, and its landscape is embellished with numerous forts.
In India, there are about 1000 or more forts.
Among the numerous glorious forts in India, Chittorgarh Fort is one of the largest.
(Garh is Sanskrit word which means Fort.)
Chitrangad Mori of the Maurya Dynasty was credited with constructing Chittorgarh Fort in the 7th century AD.
Rajasthan, which literally means “Place of Kings” (Raja ka Sthan), has home to the majority of India’s forts.
Some forts that are UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India are Agra Fort, Red Fort Complex, and hill forts of Rajasthan; which include Amer Fort, Jaisalmer Fort, Chittor Fort, Kumbhalgarh Fort, Ranthambore Fort, and Gagron Fort.
Popular tourist attractions :
- Chittorgarh Fort, Rajasthan – Fort With Many Waterbodies
- Kangra Fort, Himachal Pradesh – A Himalayan Wonder
- Amer Fort, Rajasthan – A Timeless Beauty
- Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur – Charm Of The Blue City
- Jaisalmer Fort, Jaisalmer – The Golden Fort
- Kumbhalgarh Fort, Udaipur – Second Largest Fort In The State
- Ranthambore Fort, Prempura – Fort Amid The Wild
- Jhansi Fort, Jhansi – Home To Rani Lakshmi Bai
- Gwalior Fort, Madhya Pradesh – An 8th Century Hill Fort
- Madan Mahal Fort, Jabalpur – Intriguing With Its Roughness
- Raigad Fort, Raigad – Beautiful Fort By The Marathas
- Daulatabad Fort, Maharashtra – Standing On Conical Hill
- Rajmachi Fort, Khandala – Hills, Waterfalls, And Mist
- Chitradurga Fort, Karnataka – Picturesque Marvel From 17th Century
- Golconda Fort, Telangana – Displaying Architectural Brilliance
- Panhala Fort, Kolhapur – The One With Double Walled Gates
- Visapur Fort, Khandala – An Escape From The City Life
- Jaigarh Fort, Jaipur – The Fort Of Victory
- Nahargarh Fort, Jaipur – A Historic Structure
- Murud Janjira Fort, Raigad – The Strongest Sea Forts
- Sindhudurg Fort, Maharashtra – Mighty Fortress On The Shore
- Fort Aguada, Goa – The Dil Chahta Hai Fort
- Chapora Fort, Bardez – Akbar’s Base Camp
- Bekal Fort, Kerala – The Largest Fort In Town
- Red Fort, Delhi – Fort With An Inspiring Architecture
- Agra Fort, Uttar Pradesh – Former Residence Of Mughals
- Junagarh Fort, Rajasthan – Pride Of Thar
- Warangal Fort, Telangana – Emblem Of Telangana
- Palakkad Fort, Kerala – Blend Of History And Nature
- Srirangapatna Fort, Karnataka – Pride Of Karnataka
- Lohagarh Fort, Bharatpur – An Iron Marvel
- Taragarh Fort, Bundi – An Impressive Ruin
- Neemrana Fort, Neemrana – A Luxurious Escape
Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur (Rajasthan)
Red Fort, Chandni Chowk (Delhi)
Gwalior Fort, Madhya Pradesh:
Golconda Fort, Hyderabad
Jaisalmer Fort, Rajasthan
Amer Fort, Jaipur
Red Fort, Agra
Raigad Fort, Mahad
Kumbhalgarh Fort, Rajasthan
It’s interesting to visit these incredible forts built by the most inventive architects of previous ages.